Trivia about The Jetsons
- The Jetsons' phone number is VENUS-1234
- The Jetsons live on planet Earth
- The Jetsons live in the Skypad apartments
- George and Jane's wedding day is June 2nd
- The Jetsons' neighbour is miss Gyro and her dog Jazzibel (with which Astro has six puppies)
- The Jetsons live above a psychiatrist with a safety net outside his window
- Judy's sign is Libra
Trivia about the era
- The show takes place late in the 21st century
- The speed limit on highways is 500 miles per hour
- If one does not pay the parking meter, a hand comes out and bangs the faulty parked space car
- Dances: the Saturn snug, the Mercury melt and the borgy elles four bough belt
- People like to go on vacation to Venus
- The biggest crook in the Jetson's era is The Grand Father
- Date, time or city are not known. The show mainly takes place on planet earth
- Sporting events are held at Orbit Stadium
- A work week lasts 3 days
- A super sonic skate board can travel 1000 miles in 1000 miliseconds
- A code red is when all computers, robots and other electronics are against you
- Rocky 912 (George has seen it a million times already) and Martian soap operas
Trivia about the show
- The song EEP OPP ORK AH-AHH was performed by the Violent Femmes, and is available on the "Saturday Morning Cartoon" CD (more information on this album here).
- The ground does show, for example in Invisibly Yours and The Flying Suit
- The title clearly shows that George's car can fold up into a suit case; why do they have parking lots all over the planet?
- In the episodes Mirror Morph and S.M.A.S.H. Jane can drive, in the latter she owns a spacion wagon. In most other episodes she cannot, there's even an episode where Jane takes driving lessons and proves to be one of the worst drivers in the universe
- Sometimes they eat normal meals, sometimes they eat pills for dinner
- There are three types of phones: television, holographic and a television one can materialize from. Two have the same sound but on Dancing Time the phone sounds like an ordinary 1997 phone, and in The Vacation it has another sound again
- The Spacely Sprocket building sometimes has a sign on top of the roof, but in Dancing Time it has one on the side, accessible from the room where the board of directors meets
- According to the phone number shown in The Vacation the Jetsons live on the planet Venus
- Spacely Sprockets has a parking lot for space cars, this should not be needed since George clearly folds up his car into a little suitcase in the leader
- According to a massage robot George has blue eyes, the cartoon character has ink black eyes
George : "Yum, it's been lightyears since you programmed synthetic brownies"
George: "We wouldn't last on unemployment cheques, a 1000 a week doesn't strech very far these days"
Judy : "Daddy, if you dance like that in front of my friends I have to go live in another galaxy. Oh daddy, your dancing went out with pop-up fuels it is practically 20th century"
Jane : "Our home food dispenser broke and I had to wait 20 seconds at the check out counter, such inefficiency"
Spacely : "Are you out of your orbit?!?"
Spacely : "No hurry, any time in the next 5 minutes is fine"
Mrs. Spacely : "Traffic is ticker than a cloud of metiors today"
R.U.D.I. : "I can't stand humans cry it makes my diodes all gooey"
Cogswell : "There's only one thing worse than war and that is business, and Spacely has declared business on us"
Things that came true
The makers of The Jetsons are true visionares. Considering most episodes
where made in the 60s and 70s these people had a very keen view on the
future. Many things came true. The biggest fault is not forseeing an
information based society. Letters are delivered very quickly, but E-mail
or an Internet (things that make information more important than matter)
where not predicted by The Jetsons. Here's a list of things that came true:
- Microbooks, an encyclopedia stored on an object the size of a cigarette lighter
- VisaPhone, phone with not only sound but also a moving picture