|The Balkan Conflict|
North Atlantic Treaty Organization ·
United Nations ·
Relief organizations ·
Other organizations ·
War crimes ·
Personal homepages ·
Related search engines
North Atalantic Treaty Organization
- Information of Allied Forces Southern Europe.
- Headquarters Allied Command Europe (ACE) Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC).
- IFOR: Military operations and Hungary [Hungarian National Assembly]
- McNair Paper 35: NATO From Berlin To Bosnia [Institute for National Strategic Studies]
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- SHAPE News
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe offers daily news.
- Office of the High Representative (OHR)
- Common info, basic docs, chronology, weekly bulletin, press releases, latest news. Also the complete text of the Dayton Peace Agreement.
- United Nations [UN]
- UN and the situation in the former Yugoslavia [Gopher]
- Extensive documentation.
- UN - Bosnia [Gopher]
- United Nations Development Program
- United Nations Development Program gopher site [Gopher]
- United Nations Environmen Program -- Balkans Task Force
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Protection Force (UNPROFOR) [George Mason University]
- American Refugee Committee
- Australian-based organization.
- Immigration and Refugee Services of America
- Kosovo Humanitarian Aid Organization
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Red Cross
- Refugees International
- Refugee Database : Locate displaced family
- ReliefWeb : Balkans [UN]
- Amnesty International : Kosovo
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- ndependent International Commission on Kosovo
- Bosnia War Crimes Tribunal [Court TV]
- Coverage of the Tribunal.
- Coalition for the International Criminal Court
- CourtTV War Crimes Tribunal
- Current case files.
- International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia [UN]
- On-line documents on war crimes.
- International Tribunal [University of Minnesota Human Rights Library]
- Major war criminals/suspects
- Documents from the Helsinki Human Rights Watch, International War Tribunal (The Hague), UN Committees for War Crimes in former Yugoslavia, and other international organizations. Note: this site has not been updated in a while but the links can still be useful.
- War crimes tribunal (ICTY) [Yahoo]
- War Crimes Tribunal Watch
- War Crimes Watch
- US State Department website on war crimes (prior to 2001) / Office of War Crimes Issues (after 2001)
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Economic map of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Website of the Chamber of Economy.
- Embassy of Bosnia-Herzegovina, The Hague, Netherlands
- Bundesheer im Kosovo. Language: German.
- Bundesheer im Bosnien. Language: German.
- Department Of Defense:
- Lester B. Pearson Canadian International Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Lincoln and Welland Regiment -- Peacekeeping [A.D. Woolley]
- Privately maintained.
- War, Peace and Security WWW Server [Canadian Forces College]
- Catalogue of resources on armed forces, conflicts, relations.
- Government of Republic of Croatia
- This document offers official information from the government. It provides names of the current members of government, and descriptions of the recent sessions held.
- Croatia: President's Page
- Press releases, information, speeches and interviews with President Franjo Tudjman.
- Ministerstvo obrany Ceské Republiky
- Czech Department of Defense.
- Ministère de la Défense
- Ministry of diplomatic affairs on Kosovo
- Statements, analysis and interviews.
- Bundesministerium der Verteitigung
- Search results for "Kosovo"
- Department of Defense
- Peace Operations - some lessons for the future
- Document by the former Minsiter of Defense Dr. Joris J. C. Voorhoeve.
- Swiss Company in Kosovo (SWISSCOY)
- Department of Defense: Kosovo [Dod]
- Special pages on Kosovo with news, background, and images. By the UK Ministry of Defence and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Royal Air Force: Kosovo [Dod]
- News and ongoing operations.
- BosniaLink [US Office of the Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs]
- The official Deparment of Defense information systems
- Official US Department of Defense information system about US military activities in Operation Joint Endeavor, the NATO peace keeping mission in Bosnia. Includes maps, speaches, testimony.
- BosniaLink Fact Sheets
1995/1996 Fact sheets on IFOR activities and force strength.
- Department of Defense
- With news on current Balkan developments.
- House Committee on Foreign Relations
- Maintained by the Department of State.
- State Department:
- The White House
- United States European Command
- With current events. Look for section on Kosovo.
- US Agency for International Development
- Mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- US House Of Representatives
- White House publications
CIA World Facts (Factbook)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Serbia and Montenegro
US Air Force
- Air Force Link: Crisis in Kosovo
- Air Force Magazine: Operation Deliberate Force
- Article by By John A. Tirpak.
- America's Air Force in Bosnia
- With a RealAudio news broadcast. Last updated 1996.
- Aviano Air Base (Near Po Valley)
- HQ 16th Air Force and home of the 31st Fighter Wing. A look at Aviano, including own aircraft, visiting aircraft, Operation Deny Flight, Decisive Edge, and photos.
- Operation Deliberate Force [USAF]
- Collection of interesting links by L.K. Colding of the Air University Library at Maxwell AFB.
- Operation Deny Flight [USAF]
- Collection of interesting links.
- USAFE: Air Power in Kosovo
- 1st armored division in Bosnia
- 1st Cavalry Division
- 432nd Civil Affairs Battalion
- Army Area Handbook, U.S. Dept. of the Army [Gopher]
- Army Airspace Command And Control -- Bosnia
- With The Sergeant's Corner and The Captain's Corner.
- NATO rail operations in the Balkans
- Task Force Eagle
- With Talon Online, a US Army magazine about their activities in Bosnia.
- Task Force Eagle Nightowl
- Task Force Falcon
- Website of US Army Europe Task Force.
- Navy News: Bosnia
- Navy News Service. This URL is linked to a directory with numbered news bulletins.
- Operation Allied Force
- Archives of Yugoslavia
- Democratic Party
- Government of Yugoslavia
- Ministry of Information Montenegro / Mirror site
- Provisional Government of Kosovo
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Information
- Serbia Info News. Serb point of view.
- Ministry of Interior of Serbia
- Socialist Party of Serbia
Get your free player
- Albanian Daily News
- Associated Press
- Baltimore Sun: Aftermath in Kosovo
- Up-to-date news.
- Belgrade Radio
- Beta News Agency
- BK Television
- Real audio from Belgrade.
- Blic Press [Blic Press]
- Language: Serbian/English.
- Britannica-Newsweek Internet Guide
- Latest news, video and sound.
- Calgary Sun: Bosnia: In persuit for peace
- Featured articles about Bosnia by Sun media.
- CBC News Online -- Indepth: Kosovo Crisis
- With news and background stories. With link to Canada on the attack, about the Canadian forces involved in operations in the Balkan region, Canada's diplomatic role, and military updates.
- Central Europe Online: Kosovo Crisis
- CNN / CNN Europe
- Crisis in Kosovo
- Provided by the Edmon Sun.
- Electronic Telegraph
- (Requires free registration.) Various news articles can be found in the section about the Balkans.
- Kosova Press
- UÇK point of view.
- Media Center Pristina
- Nando Times
- General information and specific pages about Bosnia.
- New York Times
- (Requires free registration.) With seperate Bosnia section Uncertain Paths to Peace. Special Bosnia WWW project with photos and articles. There is also a Kosovo coverage, an complete coverage of the airstrikes, and a forum: Conflict in Kosovo.
- NEXUS Internet Radio
- NRC Handelsblad Kosovo Conflict
- Dutch daily with articles from 2001.
- Online NewsHour: Escalating Tensions in Kosovo -- June 12, 1998
- Radio Antenna M
- Free moderate radio station of Montenegro with 18 hours of original programming, and Serb-Croat news from Radio Free Europe, Voice of America, BBC, Radio France International, and Radio B92.
- Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty:
- Radio 21 - Kosovo
- Also in RealAudio (English)
- Radio B92
- Independent radio station in Yugoslavia.
- Radio Kossava
- Radio Yugoslavia
- Broadcasts in real audio.
- Serbian tv news
- The Baltics Online - Daily News Service
- The Guardian / The Observer : Kosovo
- Time -- The Balkans File
- USA Today
- Index of Bosnia articles.
Note: last updated 22 Oct 96.
- Washington Post -- European news
- News from the Washington Post and Associated Press. Previous articles available in database.
- Daily news.
- Yugoslav radio stations
- ABC News.com
- Albanian news mailing list, with archives online available.
- Amnesty International - Annual 1998 report on Yugoslavia
- Columbia University - search results for 'Bosnia'
- Caltech: Bosnia home page
- Note: last updated June 1997.
- Enter keywords to search the archives. Contains press briefings and news/video clips. You have to take the effort to search, but the news offered is up-to-date.
- Center for Defense Information (CDI) -- Balkan conflicts
- Collection of relevant articles. Is up-to-date.
- Center for Strategic and International Studies: Crisis in Kosovo
- Note: Not very up-to-date.
- Central Europe Review
- Owned by Central Europe Review Ltd. Features news and articles about the Balkans.
- Combat On-line: KFOR in Kosovo
- UÇK point of view.
- EmergencyNet News - Conflict in Kosovo
- News coverage of the Kosovo conflict. Note: Not up-to-date.
- GlobalSecurity.org - military operations in Yugoslavia
- Foreign Policy In Focus: Europe
- Collection of articles.
- Global Beat: Balkan Conflicts
- Human Rights Watch -- Kosovo
- Institute for War and Peace Reporting
- International Crisis Group: Balkans
- Jane's Information Group:
- The Albanian Connection
- Albanian point of view.
- Kosova Homepage
- Kosova Information Center.
- Serbian views.
- With daily news from several sources. Unclear to whom the site belongs.
- NPR -- Crisis in Kosovo
- OneWorld (OneWorld Broadcasting Trust):
- Open Media Research Institute (OMRINet)
- With the OMRI Daily Digests -- look for section about Balkans.
- Orientation Central & Eastern Europe
- Picture Projects
- Photographic exhibition.
- Policy.com - Today's News
- Political Cartoons : Yugoslavia
- A collection of brilliant cartoons.
- Russian and East European Network Information Center (REENIC)
- Shmuel Vaknin
- Apart from his own works from being promoted, a series of interesting articles is being offered.
- Serbian Network
- School of Slavonic and East European Studies [University College London]
- Socia Media: Former Yugoslavia on Internet
- University of Zagreb
- Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics -- Collection of photographs made during the war. Mirror site at http://us-mirror.math.hr.
- US Institute of Peace Library- Balkan Region Web Links
- US News -- Archives
- Archived coverage since 1998.
- War against Yugoslavia
- News and a webcam in Belgrade.
- What you should know about Bosnia
- Jim Barlett: What you should know about Bosnia -- Why the war?
- Witness: online documentary series [Gary Matoso]
- Personal narrative.
- World Book Encyclopedia: Conflict in Kosovo
- Bosnia Buddah [Cesar G. Soriano]
- A personal narrative of a US soldier after his 9 month tour. With a diary and pictures.
- Digital Journalist: David Brauchli's Kosovo Diary
- Associated Press journalist's personal Albania diary.
- Hope on the Balkans
- Positieve ontwikkelingen in voormalig Joegoslavie. 'Goed nieuws', wat vaak genegeerd wordt in de massamedia. (Language: mainly Dutch.)
- James Bissett's Balkan Crisis Page
- Former Canadian ambassador to Yugoslavia.
- Clark recalls 'lessons of Kosovo'
- Article about Wesley Clark, NATO's former SACEUR who was sent home earlier than expected under the Clinton's weak foreign policy.
- Mario's Cyberspace Station: Kosovo Crisis [Mario Profaca]
- The Kosovo crisis by an independent Croatian journalist.
- Operation Joint Endeavour / Joint Guard Veterans Website
- Website for IFOR/SFOR(1) veterans.
- Page about Mostar
- Caritas Italiana, Servizio Civile Internazionale, Lavoriamo per la Pace
- The Balkan Conflict [S.T. Planken]
- Extensive site with up-to-date news on the conflict in the Balkans.
- Unconquered Bosnia
- Voices from Sarajevo [Sharon M. Gartenberg]
- Personal narrative.
- Women, state, and culture in the former Yugoslavia [Kristina]
A variety of maps is available through a number of sites: NATO, CNN, Washington Post, etc. Here are some alternatives.
- ABC maps of Yugoslavia
- About.com - Yugoslavia and Kosovo maps
- BiH territorial division under Dayton Accords [Bosnia Action Coalition]
- Bosnia maps [Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection]
- Eurimage satellite image of Kosovo
- Maps in the news: Bosnia [John R. Borchert Map Library]
- Collection of links to maps by the University of Minnesota.
- Maps of Kosovo [University of Texas / Austin]
- Exellent collection of maps and URLs of maps.
- NATO: KFOR online - maps
- NATO troop deployment zones in Bosnia [Bosnia Action Coalition]
Usenet / Discussion
- clari.world.europe.balkans (to reach it, your site has to be subscribed to Clarinet news)
- list.croatia : Croatia
- list.mknews : Macedonia
- list.serbnet : Serbia
- Discussion on former Yugoslavia
- misc.news.bosnia (moderated - see FAQ)
Related Search Engines
- Search All Electronic Newsstand Articles by Keyword [Gopher]